Team Captain's Meeting
- Be to the meeting on time.
- Bring a copy of the rules and the current rule clarifications with you
to the meeting.
- Be polite and respectful of others--especially the judges.
- Provide a venue that can accommodate the expected crowd. Microphones and a
PA system may be necessary in some cases.
- Invite all your judges to attend the meeting.
- Make sure that all teams and judges know when and where the meeting is
to be held well in advance of the meeting day.
- Make available a copy of the rules and the current rule clarifications
to the judge conducting the meeting.
- A white/black board or flip chart on an easel is very helpful for people
wishing to sketch scenarios that clarify their questions and/or answers.
Make sure that there are adequate markers/chalk available also.
is a critical event that takes place before teams take to the floor to build
their bridges. It is so critical that the National Head Judge tacks a cost
penalty on teams that don't have representation at the meeting. This penalty is
not common at ASCE student conference competitions.
This meeting is typically conducted by the designated Head
Note that some conferences restrict participation to just
teams captains and the judges--excluding faculty advisors and casual spectators.